What do you expect when you get a mail from a place you last shopped? How do you react?
What is your emotional quotient when you get a mail from your friend? What is the time taken to open this email, react to it and take an action?
Every email is a conversation and elicits an action to be taken (just like your promotional emails).
Question – can you elicit an emotional response (a positive one) from the recipient of your promotional email?
Let’s consider this:
– How about wishing me on important dates?
– How about understanding my behavior before starting a conversation?
– How about dropping a note with a gift once a year?
– How about sending a sorry note (a sincere one) when you failed me?
– How about sharing a smile once in a while?
Intermittently, when you ask me to buy your idea/product, I will, because through our conversations you said ‘I care.’
Side Note: Our users are saying ‘We’ve got Noise’ every time we are sending that email out. We can change it.