I got up from a nightmare (or so I thought) where death winked at me.
It was surreal with a beautiful girl (I am still not sure if I should count this as a dream or a nightmare) standing in a corner and waiting to grab my attention. When I did look at her, she had death written even in her smile.
After I got up, neither was I wasn’t able to shake it off (like my many other dreams) nor was I able to stop myself from pondering on these thoughts:
– Do I learn more or teach more?
– Do I speak more or listen more?
– Do I smile more or make others smile?
– Do I react more or I help more?
– Do I run ahead or walk slowly?
– Do I frown more or meditate more?
– Do I help businesses make more money or give my family more memories?
– Do I gulp multiples of scotch or drown myself in books and my articles?
– Do I reply to Whatsapp messages or pick up and call my old buddies?
– Do I watch a sitcom so I sound updated or watch my favorite Hrishikesh Mukherjee or Jandhyala’s movie?
I will pull myself up and find answers to these and many other similar questions but my question to all of you – ‘will you be lucky to get away with just a wink?’
Side Note: I always believed that you need to experience something to believe it and this was no different. The difference has to be in how I react to this now.
Leave a Reply